Grandmothers are forever.
Someone said that grief gets better with time and well... they lied.
It’s daunting. It lingers on.
It’s not the big things , it’s the small ones that remind you of them.
I know they’re with me but I long for them still.
Grandmothers deserve to be here forever.
They are the glue that holds the family together.
The undoing follows shortly afterwards.
Nothing is truly the same.
I hope I’m making them so proud.
It just doesn’t seem fair.
We had so much to look forward to.
I called both of your phones until I couldn’t anymore.
I wish I saved all of your voicemails.
I still hear those sweet voices and laughs in my head.
I long to trade places with y’all instead.
You are the healing that the world needs.
Everything I do is for the both of you.
I’ve cried so much that I don’t know if I have any more left to shed.
I’m sorry for the “thank you(s)” and “I love you(s)” left unsaid.
I worked so damn hard to give you both flowers while you were here.
.... Thank you for being in stars and with me everywhere that I am.
It’s just hard.
Promise I’ll be alright.
Missing you both.
Wishing you were here.
Promise I’ll be alright.
💔
It’s daunting. It lingers on.
It’s not the big things , it’s the small ones that remind you of them.
I know they’re with me but I long for them still.
Grandmothers deserve to be here forever.
They are the glue that holds the family together.
The undoing follows shortly afterwards.
Nothing is truly the same.
I hope I’m making them so proud.
It just doesn’t seem fair.
We had so much to look forward to.
I called both of your phones until I couldn’t anymore.
I wish I saved all of your voicemails.
I still hear those sweet voices and laughs in my head.
I long to trade places with y’all instead.
You are the healing that the world needs.
Everything I do is for the both of you.
I’ve cried so much that I don’t know if I have any more left to shed.
I’m sorry for the “thank you(s)” and “I love you(s)” left unsaid.
I worked so damn hard to give you both flowers while you were here.
.... Thank you for being in stars and with me everywhere that I am.
It’s just hard.
Promise I’ll be alright.
Missing you both.
Wishing you were here.
Promise I’ll be alright.
💔
Comments
Post a Comment