A poem called "It"
Some days I feel like I’ve spent a lifetime searching for
something better and I have no idea what it even is. It’s like this
unattainable thing. I desire it. I crave for it. I long for it. I even pray for it.
Somehow, I feel like God knows what it is. Contentment in God is what keeps me
sane. At the same time, this unknown thing lingers in my brain. There’s just
got to be something greater. It’s bigger than me; so much of this life of mine
is. Right? It’s got to be. I’ve devoted a lifetime to protecting vulnerable
populations. At the end of the day, it’s the saving that saves me. Maybe I just
tell myself that something really big is coming because it keeps me going.
Perhaps, it’s the God in me. It’s on it’s way. I’m already knowing. The dope
thing about God is the blessings are continuously flowing. The uncertainty is
intriguing. The undesirables don’t even exist when you believe. Mark 11:24 says
“believe it and it is yours.” What a simple concept. Yet, we make it so
complex. Good things are happening. Greatness lies ahead. Better is what we
both deserve and that’s up next.
<3
Comments
Post a Comment