Brown girl.


Pretty brown girl,

You haven’t been yourself in a while. Seems like life is bogging you down but somehow you manage to still keep a smile. Have I told you that I love you and how proud of you I am? You’ve come a long way. I mean pardon my French, but girl damn.
Do you ever marvel at how God created you? You’re fearfully and wonderfully made. Next to Proverbs 31, it should be your name. Perfect isn’t attainable. Yet, you’re striving for it. Why? Someone loves all of your imperfections. Take a look up at the sky. Your God sits mighty high.
 It’s okay to cry. Get it out and release. Then, wipe those beautiful eyes.
Brown girl, God didn’t create you to fear. You came from love. Hate isn’t in you even when they try. I know it’s been hard. You’ve thought of giving up. But, imagine quitting right before it stops being tough.
Life is like a box of chocolates, like Forest once said. No matter what kind you pick, remember there’s a crown above your head. All of this will be worth it. (Every single tear being shed).
You’re growing from the dirt that you were once left in. You’re blossoming. You are exactly where you’re supposed to be. Everywhere you walk; there are bits of glitter at your feet.
They’ve called you honey for so long because you’re really that sweet.
I know this is impossible but you deserve to kiss your own self on the cheek.
 Here’s a little reminder that you are far from meek. You are strong. You are mighty. You are everything but weak.
Don’t lose that smile that you have on your face as we speak. :)

If no one else tells you, you are exactly what this world needs.


I love you,

Me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts