A letter to love....


Image result for pics of roses


Hello love,


Is that you? I know I said that you and I are through.


It's just that.... I got to thinking about you.


You really thought that would be enough to run me away?


You must've forgotten what I went through that one time on that one day.


I've been through much worse.


Is that all you got?


Because, like I said I'm not done with you.


Yes, we fall down but we get up again.


That was nothing more than a little subtle wind.


The forecast isn't quite what I predicted.


But, I'm so grateful that I gave it a try while being fully committed.


You almost made me believe that love was over for me and it was game over.


Not in Courtroom 502. Not tomorrow. Not today.


I'll never let another person knock me off solid ground again.


Who did they think they were? Excuse me. Come again??


I've got something so much better now. So profound.


I've got my dignity. I've got self-love. I've grown because of it. I'm wiser. I'm stronger now.


I am she and that will always be our power.


No broken love shall prosper and turn my heart sour.


My heart still beats with ease and often yearns for thee.


I've learned that all you can control is yourself.


So, as long as I continue to love the way that I want to be loved; I will always win.


God promised me better and that's exactly what I will have and continually strive for.


Love, you've got plenty work to do.


Call up Cupid and make some things happen.


I'll be waiting.


In the meantime, I'm going to be on this keyboard.. steadily tapping.


See you sooner than later,


Love.







Comments

Popular Posts